Preloved to Reloved
Preloved to Reloved Programme from The Thrifty Stork
We all recognise that the beautiful organic clothes in which we invest are such lovely quality that they will take another child on adventures too… but we don’t all have a sibling to pass down to!
We’re also aware that these brands often hold their value, and are a thriftier purchase than throwaway fast fashion with no resale value.
There are a host of groups and forums in which these preloved clothes can be sold. You will make most money by selling your preloved garments yourself; however, we appreciate many of us cannot find the time or motivation to photograph, list for sale and manage the transaction ourselves.
So, the Preloved to Reloved Programme was created! If you’re a member of the Save to Spend Programme, The Thrifty Stork will take your preloved garments and agree a credit on your S2S account which you can use towards new purchases. There are some parameters to consider:
- You must be a member of the Thrifty Stork Save to Spend programme in order to send preloved garments to us for credit on your account. Your membership must have been in place for two months before you send us your first preloved bundle.
- Garments should be organic or fair-trade brands, although they do not have to be brands stocked by The Thrifty Stork!
- Clothes must be clean, freshly laundered and in at least Very Good Used Condition – VGUC – no marks, tears, stains, missing fasteners, major fade or bobble. Garments which fall below this condition threshold will be passed to a local Exeter children’s charity.
- Parcels must comprise at least 10 items of clothing, and there is no upper limit. We no longer accept underwear and socks, although tights are accepted when in good condition.
- Bundles of clothing should be sent to The Thrifty Stork strictly with prior approval. Due to major launches, there are periods of time when we are unable to receive and process Preloved parcels.
- We cannot give quotes remotely; please remember you will always make more money by selling your garments directly to the next family, and the Preloved to Reloved programme works best for those with a pile they cannot face selling!